Tuesday, May 26, 2009

He does need a dump button


A dump button is the radio and TV term for the way to bleep something out of a "live" broadcast that's actually on a slight delay of seven seconds or so. I didn't hear it live because I was at the game with my daughter Caitlin. Opening night of Interleague play, Mets at Red Sox. Johan Santana going for New York, Dike-K for Boston in his first start after coming off the DL. He had three good innings followed by a bad one where he gave up a ground-rule double, a walk, then four straight hits.

The next thing you know, it's 5-1 bad guys. On came Justin Masterson.
In my very first post I said that Eckersley is a good color guy...saying things that many color guys wouldn't come up with. Check the link below, sent to me courtesy of Mark Laurence.

Eck needs a dump button

No comments:

Post a Comment